Saturday, March 11, 2006

Killing Fascists: Billy Bragg Vol 1

I bought the Billy Bragg box set- first four albums plus four bonus discs, plus two dvds, plus a wee book, plus a nice box, all for 30 bucks. Until yesterday I owned exactly none of Billy Bragg's stuff, but I'd always liked him, as does everybody. They'd been playing lots of it on the radio recently, and I'd liked everything I'd heard. He is, as it turns out, a fantastic genius of early-Darnielle stature. Absolute magic- please enjoy the fabulous first song off the first EP, The Milkman of Human Kindness.

Which sent me back to Kirsty MacColl's version of New England. I can't listen to Kirsty MacColl without feeling so sad, but these are undeniably four glorious moments of pop music.

Finally, check out a new Death Cab video here, and the excellent new video from Morrissey here (this one takes a while to load, but it's worth it).

No comments: