Saturday, December 23, 2006

2006- Top Ten Songs

Best song of the year? Erm, no idea, but I compiled this list in less than ten minutes which must count for something...

The Pipettes- Pull Shapes



(The video makes sense when you see this clip from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls)

The Scissor Sisters- I Don't Feel Like Dancing- watch the video here...

The Mountain Goats- Woke Up New- watch the video here...

Girls Aloud- Something Kindah Ooh




Primal Scream- Country Girl- watch the video here...

Tilly and the Wall- The Freest Man



Band of Horses- The Funeral- download the mp3 here...

Cat Power- Lived in Bars- download the mp3 here...

Camera Obscura- Lloyd I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken- download the mp3 here...

Casiotone For The Painfully Alone- The Subway Home

3 comments:

BJD said...

Hehe- I might choose the Pipettes as my ultimate favourite for a similar reason!

I don't get Kasabian at all, but I made my judgement a few years back and actually a few people whose opinions I would listen to (you included Kev) really like them, and went to see them or wanted to last time they played... I still think of them as rehashing Columbia, sort of indistinguishable from BRMC (another horror of mine).

New Year's Resolution: allow bands the chance to change...

tj said...

Another Sunny Day by Belle and Sebastian would be my No. 2.

JVOH's chant would be my number 1.

From your blog I would agree with kjc. My alltime favourite by them, Biology, was still in the chart in 2006, but does not qualify as it was released in 2005.

tj said...

Why thank you