Saturday, July 30, 2005

'Livin' easy, livin' free/ Season ticket on a one way ride...'


First of all: I was pleased to see this photo tonight >>>






Ok- here's the team I would use against Motherwell:


Boruc

Telfer - Balde (Do I dare?)- Varga - McManus

Aliadiere - Petrov - Lennon - Thompson

Zurawski - Maloney

I think, anyway. Here's the team I'd play if everyone was fit:

Boruc

Agathe - Kennedy - Varga - McManus

Aliadiere - Petrov - Lennon - Nakamura

Sutton - Zurawski

A note or two on the above- I know Aliadiere is left footed, but I love seeing players like him coming inside and running at central defenders; Nakamura will obviously need someone (ideally Lennon) to help him out with defensive tasks; I'm not sure about McManus, but my despair regarding Camara allows him a starting place; I'd never seen, nor heard of, Adam Virgo before he arrived- please let him prove himself.

Let the defenders defend, and let the forwards attack- let everyone know their job- let the football make the goals, and let Motherwell underestimate Celtic.
It may be a highway to hell, but at least all our friends are gonna be there too... I'm looking forward to it.

6 comments:

BJD said...

Shinsuke has been flying around the world for the last week apparently, and so is not fit at the moment: both the manager and he himself say he should be fit for next Saturday if needed (which he will be) against Dundee Utd. There will be incredible noise at Celtic Park when he makes his debut.

tj said...

Super and funny choice of Jack Bauer as a motivational manager in the previous postings. I'm off to watch the match at the Ivory. Mon the Hoops. Banzai indeed!

tj said...

himaji_san

You are a Japanese sage and the first man to unmask you should win a cash prize. Who are you? Clum? Murray?

tj said...

Why was Bobo not playing? If he is leaving, that would explain the shambolic return of the sieve or funnel or tube of recent weeks. Our defense misses BB like our attack still misses Larsson. Lack of Bobo cost us 2 points (and nearly 3) today.
10-4 is my new prediction for tuesday (scoreline not odds).

tj said...

If you don't cut your fingernails you should not scratch your bum.

tj said...

I want to focus on tuesday, but feel I should respond to your comments on Bobo, HungryRoy.

My point about saturday's match was that in my opinion, if Bobo was playing, we would have won the game. I agree that he is not a complete football player and that he is an 'excellent stopper', hence my comperison with Paul Elliot in an earlier thread. Elliot was booked often at the beginning of his Celtic career and in fact took a few months to settle in all aspects of his game. What a stopper when he did though! Bobo's aerial ability alone would have prevented at least one and mayber two of Motherwell's goals on saturday. It is clear to us all that this transitional period will be a difficult one. Even more important then that points are not lost unnecceserally (2 already) through dropping the wrong player.

For my thoughts on tueasday's match check bjd's previous thread.

(thread is a word which I learned today)