Friday, July 22, 2005

Goalkeeping: the new philosophy


He is the goalkeeper for Sporting Lisbon, and he is watching Celtic play against him. If you look closely at the photograph, he seems deep in thought. Which of the following is he thinking?

  • Is their opening line-up a joke? Petrov out wide again? Sutton in midfield again?;
  • Marshall in goals from the start?;
  • I thought there was a new manager here? They seem to be playing the same bad way they played at the end of last season?;
  • Where's the Polish striker?;
  • David Fernandez still plays for Celtic?;
  • All of the above and more?
Anyway- this seems like a good starting point- I'm not prepared to start panicking yet, but I repeat- let's not play our best central midfielder on the wing, and let's not play our best centre forward in midfield.

1 comment:

tj said...

All of the above probably. Hopefully we will sort it out today against Leeds. I'll hopefully catch some of it on Celtic TV if it's shown. A recently married man was saying that we've only sold 5000 tickets so far so I'm worried it may not be shown. I look forward to a review either way. Will a wedding review be posted?