Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Virgo- the signs are good etc

Let's be honest- Celtic have signed five players (Camara, Aliadiere, Zurawski, Boruc, and now Adam Virgo) and are chasing a sixth (Nakamura), and I have never heard of any of them. However, that doesn't stop me being more excited about the new season than any of the last five. Or is it four? Since O'Neill's first season, I mean.

The defence is looking stronger, but I would be a lot happier if Agathe could shake off his injuries- he is no longer trustworthy because he's injured so much. The forwards are looking faster, and we seem to have more width, especially if Nakamura comes. The only missing piece is a goalkeeper we can be really confident in- but you never know, Boruc may be that, or Marshall may become that.

Also, the signings are pleasing because of the possibility of rubbish puns they allow (especially Magic's name, Virgo's surname ('cue' the snooker puns, and I 'predict' lots of astrological wordplay too), and Nakamura (opportunities almost infinite there)).

Nakamura coming in before the Champions League signing deadline on Thursday, and maybe getting paraded at the Sporting Lisbon game would make me even happier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I cut in with "Virgo's first time?" Can I?