Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mmm, well, yes, at least we haven't conceded a goal yet


Didn't Martin O'Neill's first pre-season leave us cold too? Anyway, this is the point- please leave Petrov alone, don't push him out wide, even as an experiment, even just because it's a friendly. Can't you see his head falling just a little bit every time a manager says 'Can you go out wide for just this one game...?'

Let's not annoy him. I remember, I think, Liam Brady playing John Collins at left back (I'm sure because he 'could play there')- Collins left soon after. Don't annoy your very best players.

Boruc played well. That's something. Weird personal website, but I don't think website design is a major criterion when signing a goalkeeper. I especially like the Celtic u Roda Stewarta mystery. I'd love to know what that bit means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn’t it funny that we haven't conceded, as all the signs are that the sieve may be back? Dianbobo seems to have regressed massively in 6 months. I don’t agree however with the Agathe injured stuff. Yes he has had a bad patch but I would reckon over his 4.5 or so years at Parkhead, his attendance record is OK. Speed ye back Deeds – you are a class act (though not THE class act, obviously)

I, like all other straw-clutchers, was delighted with Boruc last night. If he can maintain that form until October, I will rejoice and praise the lord that we finally have a Keeper. I may even get a tattoo of him on my back. Let’s wait and see. Maybe a tattoo of him in the middle of my lower back (with space reserved either side of him for tattoo’s of the Answers (Left / Right backs)
Jpm